Last updated August 14th, 2012
Thank you for visiting Iris Gioielli website. Iris Gioielli is a brand under Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd.
This policy statement provides information on the obligations and policies of Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. under the Hong Kong SAR Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance 1995 - Cap.486.
Our customers’ privacy is paramount to us this is why we shall fully comply with the obligations and requirements of the Ordinance.
Part of our commitment to you is to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information you provide to us.
We shall endeavor to ensure all collection and/or storage and/or transmission and/or usage of personal data by us shall be done in accordance with the obligations and requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
The information below is designed to inform you of what information we collect, why we collect such information, and how we use the information we collect.
If you would like to speak to a customer service representative, please contact us via telephone at (852) 2742 9366 or email at email@example.com.
Information collected on the Website may be stored and processed in any country in which Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. or its affiliates, subsidiaries or agents maintain facilities and by using this Website, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.
Be advised that personal information may be made available, without your knowledge, to governments or governments’ agencies in any other country where Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. or its service providers store or process personal information, under a lawful order made in that country.
At times it may be necessary and/or prudent for us to transfer certain personal data in order to carry out the purposes, or directly related purposes, for which the personal data was collected.
Where such a transfer is performed, it will be done in compliance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Collection and Use of Information
In general, you can browse the Website without disclosing who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. At various times, you may decide to provide any personal information. You should know that any personal information that you provide (whether written or oral) through whatever means (through our Website, via e-mail, over the telephone, etc.) might be stored. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, home, billing or other physical address or email address as well as any information associated with the foregoing. In addition to your contact information, we may collect information about your purchases, billing address, shipping address, gender, occupation, birthday, marital status, anniversary, interests, phone number or other contact information, and credit card information.
Over time the information you provide may be combined together and with information that is publicly available, collected through data collection devices, and information received from Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. partners, affiliates and other third parties.
Under certain circumstances, telephone calls made to our order and/or service hotlines and/or inquiry telephone numbers are recorded for the purposes of quality control, appraisal, as well as staff management and development. Unless expressly indicated at the time of calling, such recordings are NOT personal data of the caller and therefore, in respect of the caller, are not subject to the various provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, and the caller has no rights and/or claims, either statutory, contractual, over or to such data. At all times, every care is taken to protect such recordings from inadvertent and/or unauthorized access.
Use of Your Personal Information
The information collected about you might be used to:
- Facilitate your purchases and provide the services you request;
- Confirm and track your order;
- Respond to your inquiries and requests;
- Compare and review your personal information for errors, omissions and accuracy;
- Prevent and detect fraud or abuse;
- Improve the Website, service, product offerings, marketing and promotional efforts, and overall customer experience;
- Identify your product and service preferences;
- Understand the customer demographics, preferences, interests, and behavior;
- Contact you (via email, postal mail, or telephone) regarding products and services (of Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. or our partners) that we believe may be of interest to you.
Personal Information that we May Share with Others
All personal data we hold will be kept confidential but the Company may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose or a directly related purpose for which the data was collected, may share such information with trusted Parties.
- Service Providers: Trusted third-party service providers perform certain services the company behalf, including: shipping, payment processing, data storage/management, web-hosting, web analytics, fulfillment, assembly, marketing, mailing, emailing, etc. These service providers only receive personal information if such information is needed to perform their function(s), and they are not authorized to use any personal information for any other purpose(s) other than the purpose(s) set forth by Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd..
- Special Events: If you choose to participate in a special event (for example, a promotion, contest, or sweepstakes), Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. may share your personal information with those organizations participating in the applicable event. Unless told otherwise in connection with a special event, these third parties do not use your information for any other purpose other than to manage the event. The company may authorize trusted partners to send you information about products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Partners: Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. may provide information to carefully selected partners. In such cases, the company might share and/or cross-reference information, including personal information about you that will enable such persons or entities to contact you regarding products and services that may be of interest to you, such as financing services for purchasing Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd. products.
- Compliance with Law and Fraud Protection: We may, and you authorize us to use and disclose any information, including personal information: (1) we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (2) in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any personal or as otherwise required by law; (3) to other companies and organizations for credit fraud protection and risk reduction; and (4) to enforce any agreement we have with you.
- Business Transfer: Your personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, sale of company assets or acquisition, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership, in which personal information would be transferred as one of the business assets of the Company.
- Companies: Any subsidiaries, holding companies, associated companies, affiliates of, companies controlled by, or under common control with us.
Personal data may also be disclosed to any person or persons that have a right under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance to gain access to such information, provided they are able to prove their authority to access such information. For example, if we were served with a court order demanding certain customer information then we would disclose the information to the duly appointed officer of the court or such other persons as the court orders.
The Company may create anonymous records from personal information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. The Company may use these records for internal purposes, such as analyzing usage patterns so that we may enhance our services, and we also reserve the right to use and disclose any information in such records at our discretion.
Accuracy of your information
Where possible, we will validate data provided using generally accepted practices and guidelines. This includes the use of check sum verification on some numeric fields such as account numbers or credit card numbers. In some instances, we are able to validate the data provided against pre-existing data we hold. In some cases, as per the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, the Company is required to see original documentation before we may use the personal data, such as with Personal Identifiers and/or proof of address.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
Where an individual legitimately requests access to and/or correction of personal data relating to the individual, held by us, then we shall provide and/or correct that data in accordance with the times and manner stipulated within the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Although we do not currently provide online access to and correction of personal data we hold, we fully comply with the "Rights of Access and Correction" obligations of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Under the terms of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, individuals have the right to:
- Check whether we hold any personal data relating to them and, if so, obtain copies of such data;
- Require us to correct any personal data relating to them which is inaccurate for the purpose for which it is being used;
- Ascertain our policies and practices in relation to personal data, which are those policies and practices set out in their entirety herein.
An individual may exercise his or her right of access by sending a request:
- by fax to (852) 2742 9368;
- in writing to: Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd., Unit 908, 9/F, Elite Industrial Centre, 883 Cheung Sha Wan Rd., Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
To directly contact one of our staff please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (852) 2742 9366, or connect to skype: dolcevitahk .
Retention of Personal Data
We will destroy any personal data we may hold in accordance with our internal retention policy. The policy states that:
- Personal data will only be retained for as long as is necessary to fulfill the original or directly related purpose for which it was collected, unless the personal data are also retained to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations;
- Personal data are purged from our electronic, manual, and other filing systems in accordance with specific schedules based on the above criteria and our internal procedures.
In accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we will honor an individual's request not to use his or her personal data for the purposes of direct marketing. Should you wish not to receive direct marketing material from us, please email to email@example.com or fax to (852) 2742 9368 or write to us at: Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd., Unit 908, 9/F, Elite Industrial Centre, 883 Cheung Sha Wan Rd., Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Any such request should clearly state details of the personal data in respect of which the request is being made. Specifically, we request that you include the corresponding Company-assigned account numbers, which are printed on our statements/invoices. Please also state clearly the authority under which you are authorized to make such a request.
Unless otherwise instructed as per the above, we may use any of the data collected in the normal course of our business for marketing purposes.
Our Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance Contact Details
All inquiries regarding our compliance with our obligations under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance should be made in writing to: Dolce Vita (HK) Co. Ltd., Unit 908, 9/F, Elite Industrial Centre, 883 Cheung Sha Wan Rd., Lai Chi Kok, Kowloon, Hong Kong.